Remember when comparing prices, to also compare quality. When choosing shed builders, cheaper can often cost you more. Choose a builder with a proven reputation for quality workmanship and materials, one who will be around down the road if you need to move your building or for repair work if problems occur. Like many people, you may feel comfortable shopping around until you find a company you can trust, that offers the highest quality storage buildings for a fair price.
Ask yourself the following questions when considering each shed company:
- Has the company been doing business in this area long? (BAS is a continuation of Cardinal Buildings, which has been operating in the same physical location for 12 years. Same location, same builders, office crew, same quality you have come to expect.)
- What is the Better Business Bureau ranking of shed company? (While doing business as Cardinal Buildings, we maintained an an A rating, and plan to continue)
- Have you been offered a free site visit to determine the size and best location for your garage, workshops, sheds or storage buildings? (BAS Builders will always meet with you day construction begins to answer any concerns you have about the location. BAS Buildings offers free site visits if there is an issue with your property or the building you choose. )
- Is the sales person knowledgeable and able to help you get the answers you need? BAS Buildings’ builders have been constructing homes, garages and utility buildings for over 15 years. Carol Smith in the office has been a part of the business for 7 years.
- Does the company have a physical location as well as a website? (BAS Buildings has a display lot and showroom so you can see the workmanship and materials in our sheds before you purchase. We are at 1641 Hwy 70 Bus, in Garner, same location as Cardinal Buildings)
- Is set up and delivery of shed free of charge? (At BAS Buildings, shed prices include building on your lot, or delivery, set up & leveling on solid cement blocks)
- Will the storage building you select be built with top grade materials? (BAS Buildings uses LP Smartside panels, vinyl, hardiplank or LP Lapsiding, composite trim boards, and a fully treated floor system. They use galvanized ring shank nails to resist pullout or rust, continuous piano hinges so the shed doors hang properly, felt under 25-30 year shingles. They will match your existing siding and roofing. With lumber, it is always first quality)
- Has the shed sales person talked with you about permit requirements? (BAS Buildings offers consultation on permitting, have information on the web site, and will provide you with needed engineering plans and engineering letter.)
- Are there structural features included on BAS storage Buildings that are missing (or not listed) with other buildings you are considering? (BAS Buildings offers as standard floor joists 12″ oc, wall studs 16″ oc, and upgrade to 2″x6″ floor joists for buildings over twelve foot wide. All BAS storage sheds and workshops include a treated floor.)
- Will every effort be made to satisfy home owners’ association requirements? (BAS Buildings will discuss the requirements with you, meeting any requirements, and even provide free of charge an engineered shed drawing for your HOA. Often, we have had meetings or discussions with developers and HOA commitees to make SURE we are meeting requirements. For that reason, a number of HOAs in Raleigh, Garner, and Clayton regularly refer their homeowners to BAS Buildings for their storage sheds)
- Can the shed or storage building be built with an appearance that will go well with existing structures on your property? (BAS Buildings are all custom built, so can match style, roof pitch, color, exterior siding and shingles)
- Are you committed to paying a fair price for a building that will be well-constructed with durability, service, and attractiveness and meet all industry standards. (You will not find a better constructed building for the price than from BAS Buildings.)